Challenger AP200 no strobe output

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Challenger AP200 with remote keypad - all in otherwise good order BUT seems to have no strobe signal in alarm or test mode.
New External sounder's Strobe can be triggered by pulling STR- down to 0VE/GND.
In test mode the ST- terminal on the AP200 board indicates 0.65V which doesn't vary if test is either on or off or in Alarm.

I can't find any user or engineer override settings to enable/disable the strobe output, but I'm not familiar with this panel..... am I missing something?
Many thanks for any/all replies.

Sponsored Links
I've known this fault on c&k 700/800.
Output gone faulty.
Option would be to put strobe on bell output,or change control panel.

Thanks for that - I will hook it up on the bell and postpone the panel swap for another occasion.

Challenger AP200 with remote keypad.
I too have the same AP200, however I'd like to fit an additional keypad. May I ask what the part number is for the remote keypad as Challenger were unhelpful (they rather I buy a whole new system!).

Thanks in advance of your help :)

Sponsored Links
I guess it’s a CEF version of a CK st801 ? EBAY is probably your only hope as they haven’t made it for at least 15 years the keypad of a Ck 800l is the same

IMG_20240205_142811.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back