Built in microwave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

In the middle of a kitchen refit and have bought a HotPoint built in microwave. Much to my dismay, the only instructions about installing it talk about electricity. I have that sorted, so no worries there.

My questions are about fixing it.

It's going into an appliance housing/tower and will be situated above a double oven.

It's got it's own shelf in the tower so first question:

Does it just sit on the shelf? or am I supposed to screw it in somehow?
I have, temporarily, sat it on the shelf and it seems pretty steady. I can't see how it would move but there was a packet of screws in the box?

2nd question, there was also a weird shaped bracket/plate/cover, but it's not obvious what it's for?

Any help would be really appreciated, many thanks.

C.

Sponsored Links
It should be fixed in place. But much depends on the model. some models have screws at the bottom and will need to be fixed in place before the main oven below is installed and blocking access. The bracket may need to be fitted to the shelf first.

You can search for and download instruction and installation manuals manuals for Hotpoint appliances here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back