Boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! My boiler pressure is on 3bar when I understand it should be on 1bar. How can I reduce this to 1 bar? Can it be done via the radiators, or at the combi itself. The combi make is a ferroli F3

Sponsored Links
First bleed the rads and see what happens.
If the cold pressure is still too high ( look in boiler instructions for correct pressure) then simply open the drain cock and drop the pressure that way. If it drops too low then refill with your filling loop..Easy... :)

Warning flag raised by the pressure being at 3 bar! Is the pressure relief discharge pipe (outside, hopefully) dripping? Is the filling loop "letting by"? Try disconnecting it - which it should be anyway. If there's anything wrong you need to get it sorted or you'll fill the boiler with scale.

Sponsored Links
As Chris said find out y its up to 3 bar first, what type of boiler/system is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back