alarms outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi our alarm starts to to activate as soon as you go towards to outside door can you tell me why. I still have time to put code in but why does it start outside.

One of my detectoors is also always on in the passage so I cant put alarm on in the night as upstairs activates as soon as I come out. I dont have the manual as the guy who put it in didnt leave one. I am always suspicious as he also put the lock on the door. always feel someone has been in.

Sponsored Links
Has it ever worked properly?

What brand of panel is it? If you dont know can you post a picture on the forum.

houseyperson said:
hi our alarm starts to to activate as soon as you go towards to outside door can you tell me why. I still have time to put code in but why does it start outside.

Most likely ( have seen it in two recent new builds ) is a wrongly positioned PIR sensor in a room sees you through the window.

( some people say PIR's cannot detect through glass. In some circumstances they can )

What sensors are there on the door ? Is there a security light that comes on as you go towards the door ?

no they cant, but you are on the right lines.

say pir in lounge, door to lounge now left open, pir can now see person on entry

if whatyou said were true, it would be gooing off since day 1

Sponsored Links
Shouldnt the one in the passage be set to exit/entry zone, this way when you part set for night time it will act as an entry point and as soon as you go up and away from passage alarm will set, when you come back to passge it will trigger entry time instead of acitivating alram giving you time to turn it off

maybe someone has manual if you state make and model

yes, but what is the point if it is as i am guessing, the lounge pir and the door is now being left open?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back