Abacus Elements: Adhesive on wall or backing board ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per question.

Just about to put up some of these boards on a masonry wall. I'm applying a full bed of S1 tile adhesive across the whole wall (or boards) along with mechanical fixings as the wall is flat and level (no dot and dab). On some manufacturers boards they say put the adhesive on the wall, others on the boards.

How have others installed them?

Sponsored Links
This stuff?

There is a earlier video on same channel in 2019 covering the board

I've done both. I'm not sure it makes a difference. I would probably put the snots on the wall and offer up the board, tamping it with a long spirit level.

Sponsored Links
Cheers. I'm using an even bed not dob and dab. There is only a brief few seconds in the above video that show the floor area receiving the adhesive first. However, It's unclear what procedure he is using for the wall.

I was curious as to why each manufacturer specifies applying adhesive to the board, or to the wall.

I will bed it onto the board with a 8mm notch first and see how that goes,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back