A jigsaw blade for A reciprocating saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can not see them for sale!
But i have a reciprocating saw that I want to cut neat circles (aprox 2" on 2mm plastic)
The reciprocating saw blades are to wide for a turning circle of 2"
So any ideas on this one please
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just buy laser cut perspex

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Use a hole saw instead
I bough a Bosh one from screw fix a few weeks ago on the pretence that they told me that it would do the job! but it did not fit the drill and then they said now that I needed a special bit for it, thew it in bin and good ridens to another screwfix scam

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I bough a Bosh one from screw fix a few weeks ago on the pretence that they told me that it would do the job! but it did not fit the drill and then they said now that I needed a special bit for it, thew it in bin and good ridens to another screwfix scam
Can't blame the people in screfix if you bought the wrong tool for the job. Buy the right tool. Show us a picture of the bit and the drill; I'm calling BS on the "binned it" part unless you truly are a muppet as screfix are always delighted to accept a return of anything I buy that isn't suitable, and I do them the courtesy of not completely destroying the packaging so they can just pop the item back on the shelf. No scam, just great customer service if you don't get their back up; yesterday I asked for some ear defenders they didn't have, and the guy gave me the next model up discounted to the price of the ones I wanted because they didn't have the stock. Catch bees with honey rather than calling them a bunch of scammers; it works

In this case as it's 2mm plastic you might want to buy a hole saw set where the arbor has a removable pilot bit, use the 2" saw to drill a hole in a piece of larger wood, then remove the pilot bit from the arbor, place the plastic under the wood, stand on the wood and use the hole to hold the saw steady as you drill the plastic. Perhaps even run the saw in reverse to stop it grabbing

and just what are you supposed to do with them?
Well, from the wording of your first post you're trying to cut circles and keep the circles?
They're already cut circles; your work is done

If you're trying to cut circles and keep the holey sheet, use a hole saw (with competence, and doesn't matter about removing the pilot bit but the wood guide is still a good idea) or see if one of these suppliers of laser cut circles will cut and send the sheet instead of the circles

Last edited:

You're not cut out for DIY, are you?

But i have a reciprocating saw that I want to cut neat circles (aprox 2" on 2mm plastic)
The reciprocating saw blades are to wide for a turning circle of 2"
So any ideas on this one please
No reciprocating saw or jigsaw will cut neat circles on 2mm Perspex.

You need a router with a solid carbide up cutting bit and a circle template.

Can't blame the people in screfix if you bought the wrong tool for the job. Buy the right tool.
cant blame screw fix for telling you it was complete when it was incomplete
but they are the mega corps, so i guess what ever you do master is right and what ever i do is wrong
so better put my mask on roll my sleve up and bend the nee

Show us a picture of the bit and the drill; I'm calling BS on the "binned it" part unless you truly are a muppet as screfix are always delighted to accept a return of anything I buy that isn't suitable
and dose that include stuff out of a broken package sir?

, and I do them the courtesy of not completely destroying the packaging so they can just pop the item back on the shelf
and how do you do that sir; with a sealed package?

No reciprocating saw or jigsaw will cut neat circles on 2mm Perspex.

You need a router with a solid carbide up cutting bit and a circle template.
actully its for a compression tank fitting into a tank

actully its for a compression tank fitting into a tank
It's a holesaw, as you were told in the first reply.
Slow speed, and preferably sprayed with water to avoid melting the plastic.

Attempting to use any kind of reciprocating saw will destroy the tank in seconds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back